Blogs > A day in the life of a journalist

I am a staff writer for The News-Herald Newspaper in Southgate. This blog will be about the life of a young, fresh-out-of-college journalist who is experiencing new things and learning not only about the communities I cover, but the nation and the world as a whole every day.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Biz Blog; Big Apple Bagels

I love a good bagel. I like bagels with cream cheese, butter, bagel sandwiches, etc.

A friend of mine had been to a Big Apple Bagels several times by her work and had talked about it. When I started at The News-Herald I realized there is one at West and Allen Roads and I immediately went it to get a sandwich.

And oh my goodness what a sandwich it was. It became my favorite lunch.
The people inside are great, too. When I'm indecisive they are patient and when I have a large order for work they're always generous. 

There were a few tables of people in there this morning when I went to get bagels for everyone at work. 

It's delicious and the owners/employees are incredibly nice people.
The cinnamon raisin, cinnamon or cinnamon crunch bagel with apple cinnamon cream cheese (the apple cinnamon cream cheese is the best bagel topping I've ever tasted!)
For lunch, turkey and havarti on a wheat bagel. They pile so much food on the bagel I can't ever eat a whole one at once but it's so good I usually end up eating it later that day because I can't wait any longer.

All of the other menu items are on their website if you want to check it out before heading inside.

This is the perfect place for bagel lovers who want the cozy, small-town feel. 

Happy dining!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica - Thanks so much for your article! Wanted to let you know we are participating in a National Bagel Sale in support of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. All day Friday, 4/27, all bagels will be 49 cents with the coupon (available at www.bigapplebagels.com/promo).

Then, throughout the month of May, customers can buy pushpins in support of their Great Strides annual walk. 100% of the money collected will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Hope you can make it and tell all your friends!

Thanks,

Big Apple Bagels, Woodhaven

April 25, 2012 at 11:58 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home